Server Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR.

Go down

[ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR. Empty [ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Part I:: Sentences.

Now, when I meet people ICly, some of them don't have the best looking sentences. Examples of this would be "hi" "hey" "whats up" and whatnot. Those aren't spelled wrong, but they don't have the first letter capitalized or have a period at the end of it. Examples of that would be "Hi." "Hey." and "What's up?". What I see the most out of most who type like this are sentences that look like "i wuld like to by ur car" or something a little better, but still not correct like "hey, can i borrow some cash, i need too buy a car"

Alright, this is where the tips come in. When you type your sentences, you need to capitalize the first word in the sentence and you need to put periods at the end of sentences as that's how the English language works. Another thing to know when typing sentences, when typing a word like "don't", you need to include the apostrophe in the word (or the ' that comes before the last letter of the word). If there's a letter "i" in a sentence that's not a part of a word, you need to capitalize it, no matter where it's located in the sentence, again, it's how the English language works.

Incorrect Examples:

"hi how are you"

"what are you going too do?"

"can i borrow some cash i cant make money"

Correct Examples:

"Hi, how are you ?"

"What are you going to do ?"

"Can I borrow some cash, I can't make money."

Part II: Descriptiveness

When most people who roleplay just for fun and don't take it seriously, they do things like "/me runs away" and not put anything into it. Not only could that be powergaming and non-rp, it's also not descriptive whatsoever. In order to have people impressed by your roleplay skills, you need to be descriptive in your actions via /me and /do. Try to describe your /me's it as you would in real life, not like "He's running" but more like "He sprinting with a limp to his right leg." Same with your /do's, like if you got into a car crash, you could do something like "/do Airbags deploy and I stay in place because of my seatbelt."

Incorrect Examples:

"/me runs away"

"/do seatbelt is on"

"/me screams"

Correct Examples:

"/me sprints as fast as he can away from the man."

"/do I don't fly out my seat or vehicle because of my seatbelt."

"/me sends out a scream, alerting anyone who is around."

Back to top Go down

[ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR. Empty Re: [ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR.

Post by IsuckDix Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Dope nice job dawg
IsuckDix
IsuckDix

Back to top Go down

[ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR. Empty Re: [ADVANCED GUIDE] GRAMATICAL / GRAMMAR.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Yah, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down