Server Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy

Go down

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy Empty Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy

Post by TheSolution Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy ChiefofPolice
Chief of Police/CoP
CoP. Scott Wilson
Badge number: 0812

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy DeputyChiefofPolice
Assistant Chief of Police/ACoP
ACoP. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy Captaink
Captain/Cpt.
Cpt. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy Lieutenant
Lieutenant/Lt
Lt. Frank Samuel
Badge number: -

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy CiTStaffSergeant
Staff Sergeant/Sergeant III
Sgt III. Gundus Ramonis
Badge number: 1601

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy StaffSergeant
Senior Detective/Sergeant II
Sgt II. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy Sergeant
Sergeant I/Sgt I
Sgt I. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy SeniorLeadOfficer-1
Senior Lead Officer/SLO
SLO. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy LeadOfficer
Police Officer II/PO II
PO II. Vacant

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy PoliceOfficerI
Police Officer I/PO I
PO I. Vacant

Last edited by TheSolution on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 10 times in total
TheSolution
TheSolution
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy Empty Re: Los Santos Police Department Ranking Hierachy

Post by TheSolution Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Police Officer(s)
-
Police Officers comprise the largest number of sworn officers in the Department. The Police Officer rank is divided into three paygrade advancement ranks: Police Officer I, II and III. A Police Officer I is a probationary officer who automatically advances to Police Officer II upon successful completion of his/her probationary period. A Police Officer may be assigned to a foot beat, a black and white patrol car, bicycle patrol, Mounted Unit, a two-wheel motorcycle or a specialized unit such as S.W.A.T. or K-9 Unit. Normally, when a police recruit graduates from the Police Academy, he/she is assigned to a geographic patrol division within the City and is considered as a probationary officer and placed under the supervision of a higher ranking officer, normally a Police Officer III Field Training Officer. A probationary Police Officer assigned to a patrol unit performs basic duties such as:

-Responding to the scene of a crime or an accident
-Interviewing suspects, witnesses
-Writing crime reports
-Responding to radio calls
-Monitoring any suspicious activity of ongoing crimes
-Coordinating vehicular traffic
-Visiting open businesses such as banks, markets, department stores, service stations, and other types to establish a rapport with owners
-Booking suspects and evidence and transporting them to the appropriate Police Department facility
-Responding to citizens’ and visitors’ questions
-Preparing Daily Field Activity Reports
-Attending and coordinating neighborhood watch meetings
Performing numerous other activities in support of the community policing philosophy

Police Senior Detective/Detective
-
The class title of a Police Detective within the Police Department is assigned to specialized functions of criminal investigations. At present, there are three Detective ranks within the Police Department: Detective I, II and III. The Detective II and III are supervisory positions and are responsible for training and overseeing the activities of Detectives I and Police Officers. A Detective is often assigned to a specialized division and is responsible for responding to the scenes of crimes, conducting preliminary and follow-up investigations, preparing the required investigative reports, preparing a biopsy of the report, apprehending the suspect, preparing the case for a successful prosecution, and testifying in court. On occasion, a Detective travels to other parts of the country or overseas to extradite suspects wanted in connection with crimes committed in the City of Los Angeles. In this capacity, a Detective maintains liaison with international law enforcement agencies.

Police Sergeant(s)
-
The class title of Police Sergeant within the Police Department is assigned to geographic patrol divisions, specialized divisions and administrative units of these divisions. The class title of Sergeant is broken down into two ranks: Sergeant I and II, and the Sergeant II rank performs a higher and more complex level of duties. When assigned to a patrol function, the Sergeant may be a Watch Commander or Assistant Watch Commander during his/her tour of duty. In this capacity, the Sergeant prepares daily car plan assignments; prepares and presents roll call training; inspects personnel and equipment for conformity to Department standards; supervises the desk, patrol officers on foot or in vehicles; reviews and approves various types of reports; prepares and investigates personnel complaints; responds to crime scenes at the request of police officers; handles radio calls and dispatches personnel; keeps the supervisors informed of issues of concern to them; trains and supervises probationary officers; and performs related functions.

Police Lieutenant
-
The Police Lieutenant rank within the Police Department is assigned as Officer-in-Charge of various law enforcement and administrative functions and is broken down into two ranks: Lieutenant I and II. Lieutenants I are generally assigned as watch commanders or administrative lieutenants at the geographic Area level. The Lieutenant II may assist detective divisions commanding officers or act as Section Officers-in-Charge of various specialized entities throughout the Department. The Lieutenant assigned to geographic patrol and detective divisions is responsible for supervising patrol sergeants, police officers and detectives who carry out day-to-day, routine crime suppression and investigative functions. In this capacity, the Lieutenant is an assistant to the Captain and acts as a Commanding Officer in the Captain’s absence. Specifically, the Lieutenant ensures appropriate and sufficient deployment of officers depending upon crime trends in his/her geographic Area; responds to scenes of serious crimes such as officer-involved shooting, homicide, major robbery and theft; reviews and ensures complete and accurate follow-up investigations; and, keeps the Captain informed of issues of concern within his/her command. In addition, the Lieutenant performs administrative functions such as review of the incoming correspondence and response to Department entities, outside agencies, and citizens; supervisor’s daily activity reports; and, crime and accident reports. The Lieutenant ensures appropriate and timely training of the subordinates; the inspection of personnel, equipment and facilities to ensure compliance with the Department’s policies and procedures; conducts interviews of sworn and civilian personnel; attends community meetings to promote Department’s goals and missions and community safety programs; teaches classes at the Police Academy; and performs other related duties.

Police Captain
-
The Police Captain is assigned within the Police Department to geographic Areas, detective divisions, and specialized divisions. The class title of a Police Captain is divided into three paygrade advancements: Captain I, II and III. Each higher level of a Police Captain assumes a more complex and difficult level of responsibility within his/her assignment. As a Commanding Officer of a patrol or detective division, the Captain is responsible for the following duties: inspecting and overseeing the functions of the patrol officers and detectives to ensure compliance with the Department policies, procedures, regulations and standards; supervising the administrative and support functions of non-sworn personnel; inspecting personnel, facilities, and tactics for safety and/or training needs; maintaining liaison with numerous municipal, government, civic organizations, and private citizens to establish and maintain rapport to facilitate Department’s functions and to promote neighborhood safety and community policing programs.

Assistant Chief of Police
-
The Assistant Chief of Police acts as the Assistant Commanding Officer at the four geographic Bureaus and Operations-Headquarters Bureau. They act as commanding officers for Community Affairs, Uniformed Services, Detective Services, Juvenile Services, Criminal Intelligence, Personnel, Training, Internal Affairs, Administrative, and Transit Groups. Each of these Groups are sub-divided into more specialized divisions such as Narcotics, Organized Crime and Vice, Anti-Terrorist, Burglary/Auto Theft, Air Support, Crime Suppression, Labor Relations, and Robbery/Homicide. Each Division is under the command of a Police Captain. Additionally, Assistant Chief of Police rank personnel occupy positions as the Ombudsperson, Governmental Liaison, Employee Relations Administrator, and Department Commander; a staff level officer assigned to oversee night-time operations citywide.

Chief of Police
-
The Chief of Police (COP) is the highest-ranking officer in the Police Department. As a General Manager of the Police Department, the COP is responsible for the planning, efficient administration and operation of the Police Department under the authority of the Board of Police Commissioners. In this capacity, the COP directs, plans, and coordinates the enforcement of the penal divisions of the City Charter, the ordinances of the City, and the laws of the state and nation for the purpose of protecting persons and property and for the preservation of the peace of the community. The COP is responsible for testifying before the City Council, the state and national legislative bodies on law enforcement matters of importance to the City of Los Angeles; and, proposing new or amending existing legislation which could have an impact on law enforcement.

TheSolution
TheSolution
Management
Management

Back to top Go down